16 January 2014

TAKE TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT

The prompt from the Thursday Challenge this week is to show something photographed from a DISTANCE.  Okey-dokey.  Got a few of such!

























This one was taken when out whale watching from Sydney; that is South Head.  Had the Minolta digicam on this one, and zoomed in somewhat.  It was more successful than the whale sighting...

























Or there is this one taken from the air over Harayana, showing wonderful cloud shadows. That was taken with the 'Nik' on manual, set at 80ISO due to the glare and stopped down a notch on the exposure.  The smog from Delhi didn't help.

Not to be left out, here is one from my 'third country'.

That's Edinburgh Castle, some two miles distance (as the crow flies).  This was my first attempt at fireworks.  I should point out two things; I was leaning out the window with the 'Nik' on it's monopod, doing my best to brace it steady - and I had it on what I thought was 'fireworks' auto mode, but realised much later was 'indoor party' auto mode...

...which leaves me wondering how it would have looked in the correct setting!

It's all learning.


13 comments:

  1. I think you did well especially the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful captures as always, Yamini! I do love the fireworks!! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fireworks are probably the outdoor manifestation of an indoor party.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite fireworks photos are a bit surreal. Like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shot from the plane is my favorite but all of your photos are great. I've never had much luck with fireworks on any setting but I keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Comments appreciated as always, folks - but Kay made me LOL...!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pictures!

    Even although the settings might not have been the right ones, the poto is a very pretty one!

    Anf learning, more and more is always a nice challenge, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! Fabulous captures!
    Grand views from distance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Edinburgh Castle... That's my favorite place in the whole world! Scotland! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great distance shots! I especially like the fireworks, even if the setting was not what you had planned. :-)

    Thanks for your visit and comment on my 'distant' post.

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! the fireworks picture is great!
    Wish you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice shots, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.